CamelBak Introduces Antidote™ – Next Generation in Reservoir Technology
SALT LAKE CITY – More than 20 years after introducing the world's first hydration system, CamelBak® is once again reinventing the way people hydrate on the move. The new CamelBak Antidote™ is a next-generation reservoir that redefines how packs and reservoirs should work together as complete hydration systems.
What started as an IV bag stuffed into a tube sock and sewn onto a cycling jersey has evolved into an entire line of CamelBak hydration systems designed and engineered for any outdoor activity.
While other devices simply carry water, Antidote is an essential piece of performance sports gear. It is engineered to perform in the toughest conditions – making every step before, during and after activity faster, easier and more aligned with an athlete’s needs. CamelBak is so confident with Antidote and its complete hydration system integration that it is rolling out the Got Your Bak™ Lifetime Guarantee, a warranty on all hydration packs, reservoirs and water bottles.
With Antidote, CamelBak redesigned and reinvented every key performance feature of the reservoir:
- Redesigned Fill Port: Widest opening on the market with a cap that is easily opened and locked closed with a simple quarter turn. The Antidote fill port is 19% lighter and 28% lower profile than previous Omega reservoirs, even with additional features such as integrated dryer arms.
- Lower Profile: Internal reservoir baffle reduces stack height 24% compared to previous Omega reservoirs for a flatter and more streamlined shape when full; the baffle also minimizes sloshing and barreling when the reservoir is in the pack.
- More Stable: Handle drop slot integrates the reservoir in the pack, maximizing stability as well as making loading and unloading of the reservoir fast and easy.
- Easier to Clean: Integrated dryer arms fold out from behind the fill port, opening the reservoir for a complete air dry; larger fill port allows any size hand to reach into all areas of the reservoir for easy cleaning.
- Quick Link System: Click-in connectivity with auto shut-off allows customization with enhanced accessories, including the Fresh™ Filter that provides better tasting water on demand and the Insulated Tube with Flow Meter™ to keep water colder longer while monitoring how much water has been consumed and how much remains.
- Big Bite™ Valve with new Ergo HydroLock™: New design engineered to prevent accidental dislodging in locked position. The patented and proven Big Bite Valve has a high flow rate for easy sipping on the move.
"We took 20 years worth of feedback from the largest user base in the world and built a reservoir for people who demand the very best in all of their performance gear,” said Jon Austen, Director of Product Management for CamelBak. "We know the only way to perform better is if your gear performs better, and our Antidote hydration system allows you to focus on the activity rather than worry about the next sip.”
Constructed using the strongest materials and components in the industry – including a radio frequency welded seal for durability and strength – Antidote is tested in the on-site CamelBak lab under some of the most extreme conditions imaginable. CamelBak is the only company to design and manufacture its own reservoirs to ensure seamless integration between the reservoir and the pack for a completely integrated hydration system.
Antidote also features HydroGuard™, which inhibits the growth of bacteria that can cause odors, discoloration or deterioration of the reservoir and tube surface.1
Antidote will be included in new CamelBak packs starting in October. Two of the featured packs for 2011:
- CamelBak Highwire 25™: an ultra-light backcountry pack that is ideal for all-day adventures with its 100 oz (3 L) hydration capacity. Designed to carry 10-25 lbs, the new LV™ (Lightweight Ventilated) back panel is CamelBak’s lightest ventilated back panel, utilizing a corrugated polypropylene frame sheet with integrated ultra-light vertical ribs that transfer weight off our shoulders.
- CamelBak Octane LR™: features a new lumbar Antidote reservoir housed at the base of the pack and externally accessible for fast refilling. By placing water lower on your back, weight is stabilized on the hips, leaving the rest of the pack available for cargo and creating maximum stability for trail running, adventure racing and cycling.
Antidote will be available at sports and outdoor retail locations nationwide. It is reverse compatible and will be available in early 2011 for people looking to upgrade their current CamelBak reservoir. The 100-ounce version is $35 (MSRP), the 70-ounce version is $33 (MSRP) and the 50-ounce version is $30 (MSRP).
1 Does not protect user against disease-causing organisms. Always wash reservoir after use.