Our bottles are easy to clean by hand or in the dishwasher. Here’s a quick breakdown of the best way to wash each bottle.
eddy, Groove and any other bottle with a Big Bite™ Valve:
- Pull off the bite valve and straw from the cap.
- Clean it in the top rack of the dishwasher or by hand with warm, soapy water.
- If you like to use a bottle brush, we don’t recommend forcing it through the bite valve slit as it can tear the silicone.
- For a deeper cleaning, add a drop of mild soap or tablespoon of bleach to a clean glass jar filled with water. Drop the bite valve, straw and cap into the solution, and tightly close the jar’s lid. Shake the mixture around for 30 seconds, and then let the parts soak for about 15 minutes. Rinse and shake dry.
Now, to re-insert the bite valve into the cap:
- Flip the stem collar (the component the bite valve attached to originally) to the open position.
- Orient the bite valve so the finger tab points towards the front of the cap.
- Push the bite valve firmly onto the stem collar.
- Press the straw back into place on the bottom of the lid. Ensure the straw covers the notches completely.