It’s not just the weight of your pack—it’s how you carry it. The Phantom 24 LR™ features a Crux lumbar reservoir that keeps water weight low and close to your back. That means more stability and a smoother ride through changing snow conditions and rough, moguled terrain—all in a pack that offers 3 liters of hydration and an insulated drink tube that won’t freeze in chilly weather. This year, CamelBak has updated the pack with more storage capacity and a new Crux reservoir that delivers 20% more water with every sip. When you’re loading up for a full day on the mountain, the Phantom is designed to easily carry your skis or snowboard, helmet, shovel and goggles (the pack includes a fleece-lined pocket to keep them from getting scratched). There’s also a separate compartment for storing your wet gear, and dedicated gear pockets that keep your avalanche tools organized and accessible. The load-bearing waist belt features extra storage pockets for keeping your essentials close at hand, and the Phantom’s extra-large zipper pulls make it easy to open the pack when your gloves are on.
- The brand new Crux Reservoir delivers 20% more water per sip, with an ergonomic handle for easier refilling, and an on/off lever that makes it easy to prevent leaks.
- Snowshed Back Panel: Back panel repels snow and keeps it from sticking to your pack
- Therminator Harness: Drinking tube zips into an insulated sleeve in the shoulder strap to protect your water supply from the elements.
- A-Frame & Diagonal Ski Carry: External straps give you multiple options for carrying skis
- Vertical Snowboard Carry: External straps let you carry a snowboard vertically
- Ski Helmet: Helmet hooks make it easy to carry a ski helmet on the back of your pack
- Avy Gear Organization: Includes storage compartments designed specifically for avalanche gear
- Load-bearing hip belt stabilizes your load and features cargo pockets to keep essentials within easy reach
- Secure zippered pocket keeps your smartphone in easy reach
- Large zipper tabs are easy to grab while wearing gloves
Collection: Ski & Snow
Activity: Ski & Snow
Hydration Capacity: 3L/100 fl oz
Hydration Type: CRUX™ Lumbar Reservoir with Quicklink™ System
BPA/BPS/BPF Free: Yes
Quick Link Disconnect: Yes
Gear Capacity: 21L/1280 cu in
Pack Weight: 1.1 kg/2 lbs 6 oz
Fits torso: 43-53 cm/17-21 in
Back Panel: Snowshed™: Molded back panel with moisture-wicking DWR finish for snow-shed capability.
Harness: Therminator™: Closed-cell foam insulation shelters tube and reservoir against extreme temperatures.
Accessories Included: Insulated Tube Cover
Rated 4 out of 5 by George Atkinson from Pretty nice I bought this a week ago skiing out west when I realized I needed to drink more water. I would have liked a tad more storage space, but overall great product!
Date published: 2018-03-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Senerdonald from Has everything and then some Hiked with my board strapped on the back, my low light lenses in the lined pocket, and easy access to water from the strap. And I still haven't reached anywhere near capacity. I'm currently shopping for avalanche and emergency gear for the 2nd pocket made exclusively for such equipment. Great Buy
Date published: 2019-03-02