To climb high, sometimes you have to get low. The Sundowner LR features a lumbar reservoir that shifts your load from your shoulders to your hips. The result: a lower center of gravity that gives you more stability and better footing on steep, technical trails. The Sundowner is built to store everything you’ll need for a demanding day-long hike: pockets for organizing your essentials (keys, wallet and phone), a stretch overflow compartment perfect for damp or sweaty layers, and trekking pole attachments. The women’s-specific design also features a shorter backpanel and contoured shoulder straps designed to fit closely without squashing your chest.
- The brand new Crux LR reservoir delivers 20% more water per sip while keeping weight positioned low on your back, which translates to better stability in the saddle and on the trail.
- Separate reservoir compartment stows your water supply away from your gear
- Reservoir compression cinches water to the small of your back to reduce sloshing as you drink
- Air suspension back panel holds the pack away from your back for maximum ventilation and air flow
- Magnetic Tube Trap™ keeps your tube secure and accessible when you need it
- Ventilated hip belt features cargo pockets to keep essentials within easy reach
- Stretch overflow exterior pockets for quick stash access
- Trekking pole attachment and tool loop let you attach and remove extra gear to exterior of your pack
- Load lifters provide maximum comfort and even load distribution
- Cargo compression cinches your cargo where it counts for a secure and comfortable carry
- Women's-specific design features a shorter back panel and an S-curved harness for a closer fit
- Features a Load Bearing Hip Belt
Collection: Hiking Low Rider™
Hydration Capacity: 3L/100 fl oz
Hydration Type: CRUX™ LUMBAR Reservoir with Quicklink™ System
BPA/BPS/BPF Free: Yes
Quick Link Disconnect: Yes
Gear Capacity: 19L/1150 cu in
Pack Weight: 1.2 kg/2 lbs 10 oz
Dimensions: 50 x 29 x 33 cm / 19.7 x 11.4 x 13 in
Fits torso: 38-48 cm/15-19 in
Fits Waist/Hips: 76-127 cm/30-50 in
Back Panel: Air Suspension™ Back Panel. Uses suspended open mesh to keep the pack off the hiker’s back for maximum ventilation and air flow.
Waist Belt: Padded Foam with cargo pockets
Accessories Included: Magnetic Tube Trap™
Number of exterior pockets: 8
This trampoline-style back panel suspends the pack away from your back, leaving room for air to circulate.
Crux Lumbar Reservoir
Includes a Crux lumbar reservoir, which positions water weight low on your back for more stability and better balance on the trail.
Rated 5 out of 5 by KelseySF from Just what I wanted! I did a lot of research before deciding to purchase this particular style of Camelbak. It has been a few hikes with me and I have found it to perform excellently! It has the perfect amount of pockets and everything stays well organized, just the way I like it when I hike. After the first hike which was all day I noticed that the lower part of the frame was digging into my lower back. I contacted Camelbak about this issue and they directed me to make sure I had adjusted the correctly, this was a bit difficult for me since I have never owned a pack with a frame before. I a lot of internet searching and found that I was wearing the pack slightly wrong, I needed to adjust the straps near the shoulders differently. I highly recommend that when you get your pack you take the time to really adjust it, the frame should rest on your hips. I had been wearing the waist belt too tight and the shoulders straps not high enough. I wish that Camelbak had a video that showed people how to adjust the straps. finding the right balance took some time and getting used to but I am still very satisfied with my purchase. I am glad I got this pack because it holds everything I need for my long day hikes, I plan to try it on an overnight hike soon. I am 5'7" and weigh 200lb
Date published: 2018-04-27