The eddy kids’ bottle is built a little differently than the grownup eddy bottle—we made the bite valve harder to pull off so it won’t create a choking hazard.
Start by removing your one-piece bite valve and straw for cleaning. It’s easy to do:
- First, unscrew the cap and pop out the straw
- On the underside of the cap, grab the pull tab on the bottom of the bite valve and pull it out in one motion
- After that, just clean the bottle and bite valve with warm, soapy water, or place them in the top rack of your dishwasher.
To re-insert the bite valve into the cap:
- Turn the cap upside down and push the bite valve up through the opening. Make sure the bite valve’s pull tab is pointing towards the center of the cap (in the same direction as the bottle handle).
- Once the bite valve pokes through to the top of the bottle, you can pull it into place. If you notice two little grooves on the side of the bite valve, it means you’ve pulled it out a little too far—just push it back in until those grooves are seated.
- Next, just push the straw back into the bite valve until it fits snugly.
Please do not put the eddy kids bottle in a microwave or bottle sterilizer to clean.